Wednesday, July 28, 2010

thoughts today

Decided to send out a good old blog...just my thoughts about today. First, thank you to those who are reading! I have been really encouraged by looking forward to being part of the next issue of a craft zine, contacting new hospitals, looking toward sponsorship here and there, and generally feeling the love about this project. This morning while spending some time with God I decided to look up every image I could find of pillars of fire & cloud. It was wonderful. And amazing to see how many other artists are impacted by these pictures. I am researching hospital art & a kind of art called "evidence based art", which has to do with finding out what particular kinds of forms, colors, lines, etc. help patients the most. Turns out lots of the images I am inspired to create in this work have been and are becoming what fit into the kinds of images researched that are most relaxing & helpful to those in pain. Really cool. As I research, I will be blogging in a more concrete fashion, but for now, my thoughts are sketches for a larger work. I am still in pain due to figuring out what I can and cannot do as I heal from the surgery I had 3.5 months ago. It helps me remember what it feels like to have pain and helps me focus on why this project is happening in the first place--to bring encouragement, healing & hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment