Monday, July 12, 2010

Cloud Form... Earrings and everything else...

It has been a long time since my last blog. I hope that this series of blogs brings light to the need for others to be encouraged in hospitals everywhere. I will be posting more thanks to the lovely hand me down laptop (thanks, in-laws! you are wonderful to us!) In the last several years, I have been battling and growing through several surgeries. The results have been positive and healing, both emotionally and physically...WOW! If you look at my facebook, I am regularly updating the progress of the latest series of art, which is now hanging at Mercy Hospital in Nampa, Idaho and will hopefully begin to travel to more hospitals soon. The series is an exhibition created to encourage those in the hospital and their caregivers and families. There are seven symbols which are used throughout the body of work. More to come! The latest is that I am 3 months out of the last surgery using am amazing technology called "interceed" (yup...that's what it's called...as in praying on behalf of others for healing!) which creates a barrier against further adhesions from pelvic adhesive disease. I am hoping that this exhibition also generates communication and support for women fighting this disease, as it's not commonly discussed, but causes chronic pain. God is amazing! He has brought joy in the midst of all this pain. Besides the paintings, I am also working on 'garments of praise'...wearable art that expresses what the healing art expresses. More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment