Monday, July 19, 2010

Pillar of Cloud


"Pillar of Cloud" or "Direction"/ acrylic & ink/ 12x12in. One of a series called "The Healing". The pillar of cloud represents the presence of God in difficult situations, providing guidance on things like decision making (which hospital to go to, which doctor to choose, surgery? or no surgery?...). I have discovered that many pictures of Yellowstone (sent by a dear old friend from high school days who shares a love for this place)resonate with me visually and I am not sure why. I have never been to Yellowstone. I think upon visiting and looking into the details of such an beautiful creation, I will see many parallels between it and the paintings. I have been working on them since I got home after this last surgery. Whenever I hurt I took out the paints, turned on the incredible music on the Paper Tongues self titled c.d. and just painted what I felt...each piece a visual prayer. Sometimes a prayer in agony, in thanksgiving, a declaration of hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment