Friday, September 10, 2010

oh happiness!



This blog is a continuation of "a stitch in time". As I look at the beautiful photographs taken by my friend David, I am struck by how they have influenced my color choices for the textile/crewel series. As I flipped through pages of a journal I kept as the hope+healing project began I can see all the colors for Appleton crewel wool I put on a wish list before I saw the Dave's photographs...they very much are the colors that Dave saw and captured during his time at Yellowstone. It is exciting to see these contemplative moments in nature be given another life on linen. I am looking forward to seeing what God does with all of these beautiful images and the effect they will have on patients and their families. As I create, I will post pictures on facebook and the blog. Oh happiness, there's grace...enough for us and the whole human race!

No comments:

Post a Comment