Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Building Excitement


Here are two new dolls! I have had the best time screening over the past few days and these are the result! Next it's cutting fabric and getting friends together for a stuff and fluff party ;D We gave the first dolls to two patients and had a chance to say hello to their families at St. Alphonsus, Nampa. What an incredible opportunity...the father of one of the children had to spend a lot of time in a children's hospital when he was young. His reaction to being given a doll for his baby son was what this is all about...he was very touched and I hope that their family was encouraged during a very rough time. We hope the doll serves a a memory of God touching a moment in the life of this family...a knowledge that at this time they were covered in prayer. I am preparing to meet with someone at Seattle Children's Hospital who can give me advice on how best to present the hope+healing project to hospitals both nationally and internationally. I am full of excitement and possibility for what is happening! And I have much to learn...

No comments:

Post a Comment